Synology router login and installation
Synology has introduced high-speed routers to get rid of low-quality internet connection at your place. Imagine you are in the middle of important work and suddenly you face a drop of quality in a network, this can cause a big problem. Therefore, to save you from such a situation Synology provides its high-range and speed wireless routers. After completing the Synology router setup, you can enjoy all the advanced features and settings like- frequency, speed, range, firmware, parental control and security. The latest wireless technology included in the Synology router ensures fast and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity.
Synology router has a long list of advanced and basic features. In order to access those features, one must configure Synology router settings. You must sign into the Synology router to complete the installation and configuration. Synology router login can be a bit confusing and frustrating therefore; we are here to provide you with vpn Synology setup guide. We will give you details on Synology ip address default and Synology router default password for Synology login. Along with this, you can also get necessary steps for Synology nas vpn setup. Through this website, we will try to resolve all your queries related to Synology router setup and also how to reset Synology router.
What is router.synology.com?
Usually, Synology router comes with Synology ip address default http://192.168.1.1.8000 but some routers have web address http://router.synology.com for Synology router login. router.synology.com is default web address which redirects you to the Synology login page. You can use this web address to log into the web management of the router, to begin with Synology nas vpn setup. If you are looking for the steps for the configuration of Synology router then we will help you with it.
How to access Synology router login page?
There are a few steps which you need, to perform the Synology login and to access Synology router settings. The first thing that you need to do is to place your router in an optimal location. Here are a few things which you need to keep in mind while placing your router:
- Make sure you place your router in an elevated shelf that is free from any physical obstructions.
- Place your Synology router near wireless and wired devices. There should be a comparative distance from the wireless devices.
- Keep it away from any source of electrical signal.
Initial steps for Synology router vpn setup
Very often, users are unable to perform Synology router setup by themselves that’s why we are here to provide you some steps for Synology router configuration.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect your Synology router to ISP modem.
- Now, take one end of the power adapter and connect it to your router and its other end to the power outlet.
- Press the power button on the Synology router to turn it on.
- Wait for the Status and WAN LED indicators t turn green.
- Now, connect the wireless or wired devices to the Synology router.
- Switch on the wireless button on the Synology router and wait for the LED to turn into green.
Synology router setup
You need to follow the steps which are given below to configure your router using Synology router manager.
- Use a wireless device or computer that is connected to the Synology network to begin the configuration process.
- Launch an internet browser and perform Synology router login on your wireless device.
- Enter the Synology ip address default into the browser’s URL. Enter the http://192.168.1.1.8000 in the address field or http://router.synology.com.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button once you get connected.
- You need to enter the Synology router default password and username in the required field.
- Once you are logged in to Synology router, you can configure it according to your needs.
Steps for Synology router vpn setup
With the VPN server, you can turn your Synology NAS into VPN to allow the users to remotely access resources shared within the local area network of Synology. If you are looking for the help for the Synology nas vpn setup then you follow the steps which are mentioned below.
To enable PPTP VPN server
- Open ‘VPN Server.’ Go to ‘Settings’ and select PPTP.
- Enable PPTP VPN server.
- Enter the specific IP address in the ‘Dynamic IP address’ field.
- Set ‘maximum connection number’ to limit the VPN connection.
- Set ‘MTU’ in order to limit data packet size.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save all the changes.
If you are still confused about this process then you can reset Synology router or you can contact us as we can help you with vpn Synology setup guide.
How to reset Synology router
In case, you have an issue with Synology login like you forgot the Synology router default password or username then you can reset the router to its factory default settings. Here, we are taking the example of Synology rt2600ac to help with the reset process. You can follow the steps to know how to reset Synology rt2600ac router.
- First of all, locate a reset button on the Synology rt2600ac router.
- Now, take a sharp object, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- If you press the ‘Reset’ button for a few seconds, it will reset its username and password.
- The device will be reset to its factory default settings.
- These were the steps to reset Synology rt2600ac router.
You can face any issue while accessing the Synology router settings and if you have technical knowledge, you’ll be able to solve it as soon as possible. But if you don’t have much knowledge you will need the help of tech experts for Synology router setup. We have a team who are experts with the issues related to Synology router therefore; you can take their help by getting in touch with them. You need to get connected with our technical team by calling them on their toll-free number.